Our client is a newly privatized electricity distribution company, eager to recruit high quality and committed professionals interested in bringing their commitment, talent and focus to changing and developing the power sector in Nigeria. They are building a top notch team to ensure rapid transformation to ensure quality service delivery to customers.
The client urgently requires a new Head IT and Systems, a seasoned professional with exceptional ability and grounded professional experience.
The position is based in Port Harcourt.
He/She will be responsible for the directing of information technology programs, strategic and tactical planning, budgeting, business process re-engineering and database management system execution based on forecasting information needs of senior management and user community in general.
•Directs teams within the information technology offices and across all levels of the organization to promote collaboration in all aspects of corporate information management including strategic planning, budgeting, program implementation and performance evaluation.
•Directs the development, testing and implementation of management tools to improve performance.
•Serves as the corporate spokesperson for improving the development, sharing and use of knowledge throughout the Authority and in this capacity, is responsible for keeping senior management and the Board abreast of the state-of-the practice and state-of-the art in knowledge management.
• Manages special studies of new approaches and best practices in knowledge management and applies the results in future planning and implementation.
•Directs, manages, and evaluates performance of teams and assigned staff; coordinates performance recommendations with other appropriate supervisors and works cooperatively on labour management.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or electrical engineering or related field
• Five years’ work experience involving PC LAN/WAN management work experience in an IP environment
• Five years involving the design and installation of routing, switching, and wireless products
• Three years Supervisory experience
• Work experience in administration of Windows servers.
• Previous experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of routers, Ethernet switches, wireless, access points, VPN concentrators, and PIX firewall devices.